Thursday, January 2, 2014

Walk with me, talk with me. Let's Go!

Where to begin....It all started in Kindergarten when I couldn't sit still...so I flunked. Yes, yes, I flunked Kindergarten and had to go to pre-first, whatever that is. I will NOT be put into a box like the rest of the kids, and naptime, in Kindergarten, really? I couldn't survive.

...Ok, I won't go back that far, but I have completed my Master's Degree since then.

I am a resident of beautiful California. I have the Sierra Mountains in my backyard, the Pacific Ocean in my front yard and some farm land in between. I like the fact, I can visit either in the matter of less than 3 hours if I choose. I've always loved the outdoors and Central California affords me the opportunity as much I can manage. Some people like the taste of good cooking, sound of good music or feeling of a good sports event to set their mind free...I've always liked the smell of pine and dirt...if only they made a little air freshener with that scent I could hang from my rear view mirror....

This blog is for you, but you are just a co-pilot on my ramblings. Sorry, it's not you, it's me, I need the space. But you are welcome to join, just don't eat all my beef jerky or Vienna sausages. Get your own!

I am going to give some insight, overview and thoughts on things I like about the outdoors in my world: hiking, gear, fishing, trails, cooking (I'm getting into Dutch Oven cooking, mmmm mm) and tips I've learned through my Search and Rescue, hiking, fishing and camping experience.  I won't claim to be the all encompassing outdoorsman, but I will claim to be one who loves the all encompassing outdoors! When God made the Garden of Eden, he made the outdoors...we pretty much screwed it up from there. Yet, God willing, there is much beauty in the outdoors left to enjoy. So let's go!


Upper Twin Lake above Kaiser Pass-November 2013


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment